Little bit has decided in the past few days that she does not like having her photo made so none of her here! I have not forced it with her but it makes me sad! I have even taken a few on my phone and then found that she had deleted them off. Silly girl!
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church on Shamian Island
Play area on the island behind Lucy's near the river.
When we returned to the hotel Ally Kate and Maya Grace took a nap. Mary Bailey has been begging me literally begging me for months to allow her to get have a hair cut to get bangs. As we were walking near the hotel I saw a salon which looked upscale with prices in the window. A shampoo, cut, and style was 60 rmbs with a junior stylist. That is $10 US! Since she and Anneli had been such troopers on this trip Billy and I decided to "treat" them by letting them go. Anneli had inches of split ends and we knew we could not get a hair cut in the US for that amount. Here are photos from Q Salon! For those who may need a cut in China it is out the Japanese Consulate side of the Garden around the corner from 7/11. It is on the left. It was an interesting experience. One employee spoke excellent English. There was a person who washed the hair. A different person who dried the hair. The hair dryer person had a helper who held up the layers of hair while the other dried. The stylist had on a belt with all of this scissors, combs, etc. and he/she walked from chair to chair to style. Mary Bailey LOVES her bangs and they make her look so much more grown up!
Oh, and I must share they served us all hot water in a mug. I do.not. understand the hot water concept in China. Our guide told me that I must get Jing Xin a water bottle to keep her warm water to drink. Jing Xin will NOT drink cold water but only warm to hot. Billy went to the Aeon store to the 4th floor and bought her a thermos type bottle. She takes sips of the warm water all day long.
After the salon we went back to the hotel apartment. Our guide had planned an outing to a local park to see lanterns which are only lit at night. Billy and Mary Bailey joined the group. I knew that Jing Xin did not need out on the night air. Anneli being a momma's girl did not want to go without me. So the younger three girls and I hung out in the apartment and had instant noodles. We had fun with Jing Xin using google translate conversations! She is such a joy!

No comments:
Post a Comment