For those that are familiar with international adoption this will be no surprise. When we adopted the first two girls in 2004 and 2006 the cost was around $20K. Now the cost with travel is around $30K. We just adopted Maya Grace on 12/24/12. To say pursuing this new adoption is a gigantic leap of faith is an understatement. In my human mind looking at the cost scares me greatly. My spirit knows if God places a task before you and you obey, then He will provide and make a way. I am focusing on the later. We can easily absorb the cost of caring for an additional child on a daily basis since we home school and live a very frugal lifestyle. There are few people who have $30K lying around to adopt a child. There are those who are against fundraising and judge those who do. I say to those - "How many people who give birth could afford to pay their entire hospital bill with cash?" Parents depend on the "pot" of insurance payments that many make to pay for their prenatal care and hospital delivery bill. Are these people judged and told they should NOT have a child because they can not afford to pay cash for the medical care to give birth to a child? Our "hospital" bill consists of agency fees, fees to be fingerprinted by our state, application to USCIS, orphanage donation, travel costs, costs of authentication of paperwork, application for a Visa to travel, etc.
We have been blessed to have received a $4200 grant from our agency but that still leaves us to pay $25800. When you consider than many people pay over $30K for a new car that same amount to pay as a "ransom" for a child, a human life, is minimal. To sum it up we will need our "village" to help us get this child home. We are very proud and independent people. Asking for help is not anywhere in our comfort zone. It is NOT about us. It is about this child who was abandoned in the hospital at birth and is eight years old and has never known the love and nurture of a family. We will put our pride aside for her sake.
Ways our "village" can help:
1) Tax deductible donation to Project Hopeful - http://projecthopeful.org/matched-families/campbell-family/
2) Tax deductible donation to Reece's Rainbow - http://reecesrainbow.org/63380/sponsorcampbell-2
3) I am a consultant for Usborne Books and any order will help us - https://w3493.myubam.com/NoEvent
4) I am a consultant for Thirty-One as well - https://www.mythirtyone.com/35081/
5) My big girls and I have set up a Facebook page and we will be selling a variety of items there - https://www.facebook.com/CampbellKidsCorner
6) Order from our Amazon Affiliate link. We receive a percentage from each order. Link on right side of page. Click on the Amazon search box.
7) Last but definitely not least - We covet your prayers and positive thoughts as we continue on this journey.
* NEW VENTURE - I have been on a weight loss journey with the help of a few of these products - I am now a distributor and can help you as well! As of today I have lost 21 pounds in 31 days! It has been so easy! https://www.omnitrition.com/ajcampbell
Thursday, August 8, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I would love to help you fundraise for your adoption!
ReplyDeleteI have been following many families' adoption blogs ever since I spent a semester volunteering in an orphanage for special needs children in Chile.
I just launched my etsy store! 50% of the sale prices go to families adopting through RR! All someone has to do is enter your families name/blog/sponsorship page or child information on the message at check out and I will be donating the money to each family each month! I can either do it to RR accounts or am willing to send the checks to the families since I know that money isn't available until travel. I have been open just 5 days and one family has already earned 30 dollars for their adoption! I know EVERY dollar counts!!!
Spread the message to anyone in the adoption community that could use a little help with funds!!
My blog is:
gingeronamission1206.blogspot.com/
My store is at:
www.etsy.com/shop/GINGERONAMISSION
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Gingeronamission1206
Any people who purchase from me that don't specify will just be donated to a family I feel called to give to!
I also posted a guest post for the family adopting Channah- check it out!
http://mondaymorningchristians.blogspot.com/2013/08/guest-blogger-channahs-guardian-angel.html
Thanks!